Sunday, January 12, 2014

Olivia's snapshot

A few days ago I read a blog where a mom decided for the new year that she wanted to do a snapshot every week for the whole year entailing her daughter's little life moments. I thought that was a fantatstic idea and wanted to give it try. I know Micah and I will remember the big moments in Olivia's life like her first giggle (soooo waiting on that) first time she walks, eats food ect. But I dont want to forget the little things that make us smile or cry too. Ill be realistic and say I probably won't think to do it every week but I am going to try so bear with me. I want to document every little detail of her life because I soo desperately look for new stuff in all of my mom's old things. If only social media was around in the 80s-90s for her to facebook/blog. That thought makes me smile. I honestly can't envision my mom ever using facebook but who knows. Anyway, more about Olive..

  • She's starting to show a really awesome personality
  • Nothing phases her. Dogs barking, fire alarms going off, diaper changes. She's so laid back. 
  • She's nosy. If there are people around or things to see she wants to be facing out if she's being held. But if it's quiet and she's ready to sleep she loves to be held close and tight. 
  • She loves to talk. Micah insists she tells him "stories" all the time.
  • She was a champ during her 2 month shots. Only cried for a little bit. But poor dad thought it was a lifetime
  • She has started sleeping through the night. {praise Him}. Or at least for 6-8 hour stretches. 
  • Her favorite places are still the bath and the changing table. 
  • She weighs close to 12 pounds and is still exclusively breast fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment